There are many diseases associated with the gastrointestinal tract.
Often, people do not take seriously a pain in the abdomen or on the right or left side of the body. However, these symptoms can indicate the digestive diseases. Nowadays more and more people suffer from these diseases. Primarily, it happens due to a bad nutrition. Unfortunately, the most important thing in today’s world is taste and not a healthy body.
Let’s examine the main ways to keep your gastrointestinal tract in a good condition.
The healthy condition of the gastrointestinal tract is closely associated with the nutrition peculiarities. It is important to consider all the nuances of the daily diet like a diversity of meals, the amount of food, a range of products and the way of cooking.
To avoid possible problems with digestion the doctors strongly recommend to follow the simple rules below:
– establish regular intakes of food since regular meals at a specified time synchronize processes of digestive juice secretion as well as the motor activity of the gastrointestinal tract.
– eat frequently and divide the whole amount of food into small portions. Doctors recommend to take meals at least 4 times a day and a single portion should be easily contained in a folded palm), It is also desirable to distribute a daily amount of calories according to a following scheme: 25% – for breakfast, 15-20% – for the 2nd breakfast or lunch, 30-35% – for lunch and 20 – 25% – for dinner.
-avoid living on cold food without liquids because the lack of liquid may stimulate the emergence of constipation or motor disorders of the stomach. It is necessary to consume at least 1.5 liters of liquids per day.
– do not eat too hot or too cold food since it irritates the sensitive mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract.
– avoid consuming simple carbohydrates like sweets, pastries, white bread that cause heartburn, constipation, excessive flatulence and even lead to the disorders in the pancreas functioning.
– use vegetable oils that increase a production of bile, stimulate the motor activity of the intestine and improve safety membranes of the digestive tract cells.
– do not to forget about the products rich in fiber like fruits, berries, cereals and vegetables. All these products prevent constipation, stimulate the growth of beneficial intestinal flora, improve the chemical composition of bile, normalize cholesterol metabolism and remove toxins, radioactive compounds, carcinogens and pesticides.
– consume different dairy products that improve antitoxic features of the liver, suppress all putrefactive processes in the gut and stimulate intestinal motor activity.
Abandon all bad habits
It has been proven that a regular and excessive use of the alcoholic beverages exert a negative impact on many processes inside the human organism. Alcohol is a strong toxin both for the liver and the pancreas causing their degenerative changes, in particular such diseases as hepatitis, pancreatitis and cirrhosis. Similarly, it provokes negative chemical changes in the juice produced by the pancreas making it very thick and complicating its outflow. Apart from that, alcohol damages the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, violates the metabolism of fats and lead to the tumor growth.
Smoking is equally dangerous. It can be responsible for a slow healing of ulcers and erosions, a development of stomach, pancreas and esophagus cancer and the Crohn’s disease.
Careful attitude to drugs and some medical procedures
Unfortunately, the availability of medical information does not always promote the right behavior of the patients. Some of them learn contradictive evidence from the popular TV shows or Internet websites and start treat themselves without any previous medical support and very often without even an elementary survey. Such an arrogant approach commonly causes serious problems. Various capsules, powders, enemas and candles may cause acute ulcers and erosions of the stomach, inflammation of the esophagus, formation of the gallstones, constipation or diarrhea.
Never take powerful drugs when your stomach is empty without consulting a doctor. The drugs may worsen your digestion processes or cause gastritis accompanied by pain and discomfort in the abdomen.
Apart from drugs, certain therapeutic manipulations may also cause a lot of harm. Usually it occurs in the event of insufficient or non-professional assessment of the patient’s condition.
Many diseases are directly or indirectly related to the psychoemotional sphere. Constant stress, long-term stressful situations as well as deep internal contradictions may result in such gastrointestinal diseases as functional dyspepsia, ulcer disease, biliary dyskinesia, etc. All attempts to treat these diseases by conventional medicines usually fail. Patients may attend doctors for many years, keeping themselves and their closest relatives in a constant tension. Oftentimes, they don’t suspect they need a professional psychological help first and foremost.
Struggling with obesity
Obesity influences badly the structure of the internal organs. Fat inclusions appear in the liver and pancreas, compressing normal tissue and violating its functions. The composition of bile also changes that causes the formation of stones inside the bile ducts and gall bladder. Therefore, it is important to take care of the diet and increase a physical activity of patients suffering from an excessive weight.
Take care of your teeth
Healthy teeth are not only a decoration of the human face, they also play an important role in the organism. The value is determined primarily by their physiological function, i.e. a mechanical processing of food. A food that is well chewed and mixed with the saliva is usually better and faster assimilated. A stomach hardly copes with the large pieces of food.
If the food in the mouth was not initially processed in a proper way, then this function will be performed by the stomach causing a lot of harm to it. People who swallow chunks of poorly chewed food, often suffer from gastritis, gastric ulcer and many other diseases of the digestive system.
That’s why if you want to have a healthy digestive system, you must first think about maintaining healthy teeth and visit your dentist at least 2 times a year. In the event of the teeth loss it is necessary to make dentures.
Timely visiting of doctors
If you feel any digestive disorders, abdominal pain, heartburn, etc., it’s better to visit a doctor immediately. Some diseases have hidden signs. Moreover, different illnesses may have exactly the same symptoms. Certain diseases (including cancer) can be confirmed only after a professional medical survey. It is particularly necessary for the close relatives of the patients suffering from cancer, genetic and autoimmune diseases.